3.11.12

Mystique Costume Evolution

With Halloween being one of my favorite holidays of the year I opted for a challenging costume. Who better than Mystique from X-men? Afterall, she's creepy, hot, and an absolute badass.

Finally settling on a combination of Byran Singer's X-men film version and one of the comic book versions, I immediately began gathering the necessary pieces of my costume together by mid-September. I even commissioned a friend to sew the top for me!

For the various pieces I ordered the contacts from Clearly Contacts, while the rest of the make up, I purchased at the local costume shop. The scales pieces themselves were hand cut from dry blue acrylic paint and liquid latex. The piece itself took well over three hours to put together but well worth the effort.

 To see the results and a makeup tutorial, see below.


Mystique Costume Evolution!!


Make up list of must have and approximate timing.









A party of characters.



(Order of left to right)
Goth, Emma Frost, Wolverine, Mystique, Lucha Libre, Lady de Renaissance, and Clark Kent
Photo taken by Ira Malinich, the official photographer at the party my friends and I attended.
I'm assuming he was an official photographer anyway... he had big camera.

A Wolverine and a Mystique.



I searched high and low for a video that explained how to go about doing the make up. In my humble option this video was the best.




No comments:

Post a Comment