6.7.11

A Present For a Friend Part 1

There's a lot to be said when someone spends their time and effort into creating something that is solely for you. It is for that reason that when it comes to gifts or presents, I have more enjoyment giving and receiving gifts that are made. Some of my best received gifts included a crocheted hat from one of my best friends, and a painting from my sister.

Don't get me wrong, gift certificates and the like are pretty awesome too!

Anyways, the following images are of a decoupage box that I had made as a friend's birthday present.

Originally the box started out as a beer case and a cereal box. The transformation was an extensive process of cutting and gluing various European themed magazine clippings and black card stock onto the box.

However the hardest part was creating the lid. I can't even begin to count the number of cereal boxes that were sacrificed before I finally made one that fit to the shape of the box, and even then it's still sketchy. Tonnes of tugging and pulling is required to open the box especially if it has been placed in a warm room.

My guess is that the decoupage finish is the culprit, not my measurements!
Altogether the effort was well worth it. Despite it being months past Eve's birthday she finally has a box that  reflects her love for travel, and a customized dress.

The lid, despite being tedious to create I love how it turned out.

The bottom of the box which was the first side that I completed
One of the sides of the box
The custom dress with customized artwork will be featured next week so stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment